granted an exclusive interview to this
"Richard Chamberlain Webbiography".
He talked about his career, his singing, his artwork
and his writing, and peppered his comments with
several anecdotes, some hitherto unpublished.
After the interview, Richard Chamberlain further honored the Webbiography by posing for pictures (page bottom).
(The interview was conducted in Los Angeles,
September 7, 2011)
1. Richard Chamberlain talks about his two recent high tech
and science fiction projects, 'Chuck' and 'Leverage'.
2. Richard Chamberlain underlines the importance of all kinds
of 'masks' for an actor: in the 'Man in the Iron Mask'
the iron mask was totally terrifying!
3. Richard Chamberlain reminisces about 'Shogun':
'Shogun' was a wonderful experience, I was not about
to screw it up despite cultural clashes between
the Japanese and American crew.
4. Richard Chamberlain on 'The Thorn Birds':
chemistry is impossible to define.
5. Richard Chamberlain commends the series
'Brothers & Sisters'
for treating gay characters just like people.
6. Richard Chamberlain: in all my projects I learn
about myself, in comedy I learn a little more.
7. Richard Chamberlain about his artwork: sometimes
my paintings have a certain meaning like
'Celestial Ardor' that expresses total
commitment of oneself to life. For a man
total commitment to life is in part phallic.
Interview Photo Gallery